Smith & Nephew Skin-Prep Protective Barrier Wipe
Protective Barrier Spray and Wipes with Cetrimide
Skin-Prep protective dressing forms a barrier between the patient’s skin and adhesives to help preserve skin integrity and prevent insult or injury during removal of tapes and films.
Features & Benefits
- Proven Effectiveness
- A series of tests under a scanning electron microscope suggest that Skin-Prep provides effective protection against adhesive trauma.
- Improves Adhesion
- Skin-Prep allows skin to “breathe” so tapes and films adhere better and longer.
- Enhanced adhesion increases the interval between dressing changes to save nursing time.
- Less frequent application and removal of adhesive dressings reduces the risk of damage to delicate skin.
- Non-Sensitising Formula
- Skin-Prep contains Citroflex for added safety and reliable protection with virtually no irritation or allergic reactions. It is safe for long-term use, especially on sensitive skin areas in ostomates and geriatric patients.
- Increases Patient Comfort
- Skin-Prep helps prevent contact dermatitis and makes adhesive removal less painful for patients.
- Convenient Application
- Single-use, individually packaged Skin-Prep wipes are more than adequate to provide even more barrier formula where skin needs protection most. It is also available in an easy to use spray can.
- Easily Removed
- Skin-Prep can be removed with a skin cleanser and water, so there is no need to scrub the skin or expose it to harsh chemical cleansers or solvents that can cause irritation.